Pallet Racking & Shelving
Wycon specialises in Pallet Racking, Storage Racking, Industrial Racking Systems, Adjustable Pallet Racking & Shelving.
Many types of pallet storage racks are available with different designs to fulfill specific functions or creates specific storage advantages. When deciding on the type of pallet racking to use, several basic considerations have to be taken into account:
- Desired storage density
- Floor space and building height
- Placement of building doors and columns
- Inventory accessibility
- Inventory rotation
- Item/load size and weight
- Optimal storage design
- Cost of materials and installation
Common types of Pallet Racking
- Adjustable Pallet Racking allows for the storage of palletized materials in horizontal rows with multiple levels. All types of pallet racking create some level of increase storage density with the cost increasing with greater storage density.
- Drive-in and drive-through are storage rack configurations that allow the forklift to drive directly into the lane of stacked rows. The difference between a drive-in and a drive-thru pallet rack system is simply whether the bays have an entry at only one end, or at both ends.
- Push-back pallet rack systems are designed around the principle of organizing space by depth rather than width. This depth arrangement greatly reduces aisle space and increases storage density. In this configuration, each bay can be up to six pallets deep; each pallet stored on wheeled carts that fit onto rails.
- Pallet flow systems are high density pallet storage systems that utilize depth to increase capacity. This system uses a slightly inclined rail with rollers that allow pallets to move easily along the sloped plane. The pallet flow system often has complex motion and braking systems to control the speed of the moving pallet.
- Fork Lift trucks are usually an integral part of any pallet rack system as they are usually required to place the loaded pallets onto the racks.
Should you have any questions about Wycon (UK) Ltd Pallet Racking & Shelving get in touch with us by calling (+44) 0161 298 2858, (+44) 01904 466262 or firstname.lastname@example.org.